Sunday, August 17, 2008

I found a better photo of Shuksan from Table Top.  Shuksan looks like a mountain should look in the Northern Cascades.  Its all craggy, imposing, and almost foreboding.  Baker, on the other hand, looks like the mountains that we as eight year olds drew in art class.  They were formed entirely differently, too.  Baker is an active or live volcano, and Shuksan is a geologic formation--much of it at one time was under a sea.  Shuksan has been widely photographed, far more than Baker, and it graces cups and key chains, mouse pads and posters.  

Below is his royal old pudgy-ness.  I might add that this was taken by about a 65 year old woman who passed me going up.  I am smiling at a family that had just made it up, with all of them, including the 8 and 10 year olds who apparently skipped up.  I guess I was the only one who thought the climb tough.  

No comments: