Saturday, January 23, 2010

Missing is not always a bad thing...













I am wrapping up my stay out here so I am running some errands and seeing and revisiting some spots that might be a bit difficult to see or visit when I am in Minnesota. I wanted to visit Seattle again before I left and made the trip today. Ostensibly I "had" to go so I could visit one of my favorite camera store in the country, Glazer's Camera, but really I just wanted to go to Seattle.

I did go to the camera store but spent most of the day at the Pike Street Market. Let's be honest here: I am doubtful that there is an outdoor market in the Twin Cities that is open this time of the year that has fresh fruit and tulips. I suspect that you might have to look pretty hard in the Midwest to find a city block or two that has two kinds of chocolate pasta, four kinds of blueberry toppings, six kinds or tomatoes, eight kinds of salmon, or ten kinds of Washington apples. And all of it is presented beautifully and at 52 degrees, and that is the outside temp!

I also got eat at Jack's Fish Spot, my favorite fish and chips place, or at least my favorite outside of London. I have eaten meals there with many different people over the years, and while there are certainly fancier spots to eat and ones that have real silverware and china, I have never been disappointed with the food and it more than makes up for the lack of ambiance and having to eat with your hands.

One of the other reasons I went was to take some pictures with new camera. It works differently than the cameras that I have used for more than 30 years. It focuses backwards, zooms differently, controls that were on the right are now on the left and while Nikons are overly red sensitive, this one is a bit sensitive to yellow. Hey, but how hard can it be? It seems to work, and apparently you can teach an old dog, despite what they say.

An additional treat was a great cloud formation that dominated the sky as I drove home. And, it beat packing hands down!

No comments: