Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sense and Sensibility




I am more than 1170 miles into my trip and I find it interesting that you can drive that far and still have a long day's drive left. There is just a whole lot of space out West, and I have seen a good size chunk of it today

To help pass the time, I bought a book on CD today in Butte. Surprisingly, I found Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility--I was almost certain that all the copies would be sold out in Montana and I would be stuck with a James Patterson book, but there were two copies left! There must be people in Butte who are waiting for the movie to make it to town. It was actually pretty good. I was shocked to learn that people in Victorian England had some of the same foibles that society has today. Certainly there were relationships were just as screwed up, if not more so. I enjoyed it, and hopefully it kept my brain from turning to mush from driving 817 miles in one day.

The picture is from somewhere in Montana--it is pretty easy to find a good photo, with snow, fog, and mountains.

No comments: