Friday, November 16, 2012

Lumix Lx-7



Of course that title won't mean anything to anyone, but I see it as an opening prompt.  It was/is a crappy week.  I could go on about that, but I am pretty sure that no one really cares about that.  So I did what I have been known to do when all is crappy--I bought a camera.  I saw this one in England, but the exchange rate was hardly favorable.  The ghost of Black Friday coming made it semi-affordable.







I am not sure if the day was any less crappy, or if friends were more present, or this *#&$^&@#$ cold was less present, but tell me, who doesn't brighten up a bit when an Amazon box comes, especially when it has a camera inside?  Tell me, who?  Everyone does or no one doesn't, that is who.  That this is almost the exact camera except this one is an LX-7 instead of an LX-5 should make even more people excited.  Wow.  Just wow.  OK, part of this might just be me...

It seems to work.  I tried it out on an orchid I had laying around, and then even bought kale and cabbage for a picture.  It is great in low-light, which is the high light of the camera.  The ink bottles were in the dim light of my lodge-like lounge and it is a picture that the LX-5 wouldn't have been able to take.  I mean, what would have I done if I would have needed to take a picture of ink bottles and I only had an LX-5?  I would have been out of luck.  Not any more!  Bring on those ink bottles!  I am ready.

No comments: