Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nyquil and thunderstorms

Last night as I lay in bed in a Nyquil induced fog, I thought about the fog outside that was being wiped away by  quickly moving thunderstorm.  I have succumbed to the cold that has been swirling around our executive team, and the over the counter drugs help ease me to sleep and sometimes slow the seal croak of a cough.  But that  chance to sleep and perchance to dream was shattered by nature's thunder and lightening show, one that was worthy of a steamy July evening but rather surprising on a  cold and foggy November one.  Of course it was snowing this morning as I headed out for my morning coffee.  I predict  hail and and sandstorm later today.  After all, it is Minnesota.

Unpredictable as yesterday was, it was also a certain promise that weather now will play a larger role in out lives in these coming months.  No November 11 Armistice Day snowstorm, but I am glad that I have my down coat, my car has a new battery and fresh oil and jumper cables in the back.  After all, it is Minnesota.


No comments: