Saturday, September 26, 2009

Been to the mountain...











I was up early today and wandered up the mountain, as in Mount Baker. I wish I could have said that I hiked miles and miles, but I drove most most of the way. It was a perfect day to get out. We have been blessed with a remarkable late summer and fall so far, and it is great. Last night I sat on a patio and drank a glass of wine, and today was almost better.

My photos were less than inspired today, but some might find them interesting. I drove to beyond the trailhead at Heliotrope and found a great new vista, but really only took pictures of the last of the summer flowers, a few daisies and a thistle that was interesting. It is has been so nice that it is very dry--these waterfall photos were not easily obtained because of this. Normally this water fall is pretty accessible, but today it took a vertical hike to get to the water and the flow was far less than I have ever seen it. It was even more evident all along the Nooksack. We need the fall rains.

I was up early enough for the sunsrise, and even stayed up for the sunset. The sun "leaked" behind Shuksan and a cloud, and was glorious behind the clouds to end the day.

No comments: