Friday, September 18, 2009

Nice light...











OK, I am sold. This ocean thing is kind of nice, and the light, well, it is amazing. I know that some will say light is light, but that is not the case. And you don't have to be a photo geek to believe me, though it might help. I suspect that it is the high level of "stuff" in the air, from water to dust to whatever, but if it is clear, it is amazing light.

I am in Tillamook, home of the famous cheesemaker, and I smiled when I first got out of my car--it smelled like Wisconsin!. Though some might not fully appreciate the "smell of money," the cow rich smell did bring back memories. And later, when the wind shifted, you could smell the whey from the cheese factories. Makes you wish the wind shifted once again, actually.

But once you are by the ocean, it is all ocean breezes.

I started my day with a sunrise, though it was viewed from my shower. There are a series of photos near Canon Beach, then the sunset shots are from Cape Meares lighthouse.

I do feel a bit like I do when I travel for the first time to any "exotic" location. There are so many things to see and do--I wanted sunset photos from other places, but you can't be in two places at once. I am also on sensory overload--I find myself just looking rather than taking photos. It has meant that this trip is producing mostly tourist snapshots and other flotsam. (hey, did you like the nautical term?) But hopefully they are in focus and correctly exposed tourist shots. And they were helped by "nice light."

No comments: