Monday, September 14, 2009

Coming storm, threatening skies



Today I finished applying for unemployment, a task not for the faint of heart. Amazingly, some of the forms that I had to fill out were actual real life paper forms, with quaint directions like "use a dark pen, not pencil," "check box for yes" and "write your reasons for this in the box below." But it is done. Now I just have to apply for three jobs a week. Who knows? As I have said in other contexts, even a blind robin gets a worm once in a while. I did learn that my adjunct gig will net me a grand total of $1,300, before taxes. Apparently for ever three dollars I earn beyond the huge sum from unemployment, two are deducted from my weekly dole. Yep, I'm in the money, I'm in the money, etc.

All in all, the above photo matches my mood--it is a photo of a threatening sky near Mt. Baker. But it will get better. I am taking off tomorrow for a few days with no real destination other than it will be south of here and water will be nearby. Hopefully the Oregon coast and a rain forest or two will offer different skies

No comments: