Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shameless commerce




I admit that I stole the phrase from the Car Talk guys, but I also admit that I am not that ashamed to do a little business. One of the ways that I tried to prepare was to make photography part of my budget. I bought a large format printer that can print up 17X22, and stocked up on archival ink and and paper.

Now, I am assuming that I have have a product to sell, and perhaps I do--that may be the real test of this. Essentially, any picture that I have posted on my blog, previously posted on Facebook, or whatever pictures I might eventually post on my (future) website are for sale. Most are available up to 20 inches wide--I will try and print them in standard sizes (8X10, 11X14, or 16X20) but that is not always possible. So, if you order a print, it will be at least the larger dimension, but it might not be a perfect standard size. A picture may be 10 inches wide, but only 7 inches tall, for example. Remember, all photos will look better as a print than a low-resolution electronic image

Prices are as follows: $25 for an 8X10
$45 for an 11X14
$75 for a 16X20

Shipping is $8 and will either flat or in a mailing tube for the larger sizes.

What you get: the print you choose, printed with archival ink on Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper. I use an Epson 4880 printer, and the pictures should last at least 80 to 100 years. The paper is a soft gloss, and looks very much like traditional photo paper. At least technically, it is the best printer/ink/paper combination available. Esthetically, well, you have to decide. And choose...

I can do custom sizes or shapes. I also am very willing to print your digital photo--send me the untouched, uncropped digital file, or, if you are more comfortable with Photoshop, your fixed, cropped, sharpened file to me and I will print it for you. Prices for custom printing are variable, but roughly 30-40% less than the prices for my prints. This is a great printer, but it works better and is cheaper if it is used often.

Payment can be made via Paypal, or by check.

No comments: