Saturday, July 9, 2011

Photo Safari



I went for a drive specifically to look for photos, but it was pretty slim pickings. Since it is 90 degrees with 95% percent humidity, most sane folks were at the lake or in front of an air conditioner. But you don't find anything unless you look, so I took off.

I found two photo opportunities, but only exploited one of them. In Pierz, I saw two sisters selling lemonade, complete with a hand lettered sign, lemons, and matching sundresses. What a great picture, but I had to pass. Life is different than it was 25 years ago when I would have taken the photo in a heart beat and it would have been on page one. Strangers don't go up to three and four year olds and take their photos anymore. Still, I'll remember the scene and this slice of Americana even without a photo, and I am sure that many of you can picture this, too.

I have never been questioned or wondered about (that I know of) for taking the other photos shown above. It was a hazy bright day, and the curious cows left their shady spot under the tree to see who this crazy person was who was taking their photo.

I have been to Kenya and been on a real safari, but I guess this is the Minnesota equivalent. No elephants, but it was still a pretty good safari.


No comments: