Tuesday, October 16, 2012

An unexpected day

Today was a fall day of singular beauty, and even more so because it was unexpected.  It surged past its expected highs and cloudless-ness, and it was a gem.  These are shots from my phone as I walked to my office at SCSU.  Except the leftover one from the plane and my trip.  As cliche as it is, I still do love photos from planes.

So while it was an exceptional day, it was also a hard day.  People were butts today.  Three people cried and one person yelled at me while doing so, I inadvertently made someone sad, and well, I was probably the third.   But of no matter.  All of these things made me really really sad, and no less so because of my self-acknowledged  part in causing all these situations.  Some days, I can't seem to say I am sorry enough.

I think that I was so "aware" and sensitive in part because of my nature but also because of nature and the coming fall.  I love fall, I really do.  I hate fall, I really do.  For me, it is such a metaphor of life.  It is so beautiful but it is also fleeting.  It fades and disappears with no regard to your effort or wanting.  It is a harbinger of darker times, literally, but also as a precursor to a more desolate winter or at least that gray, wet, dreary, late fall.  April, that cruelest month, seems a long time away.

I know someone who would flat out say that I am too focused on what might happen than the beauty that is right in front my face, and I acknowledge that this is sometimes the case.  With that in mind, I offer these photos as proof that I sometimes do actually  look right in front of my face, and sometimes even see things.







No comments: