Saturday, October 6, 2012

Spain 3

It is 11PM and I am getting ready to call it a night.  It was a fantastic day today, and I can say that I am so happy that I made the extra effort to come to Spain.  It was so worth it.

Today was late, because last night was late.  We went to dinner, which started around 10 and we didn't get home til almost 2AM.  This time wasn't all spent eating--we spent a lot of the time drinking.  But the time spent eating was very well spent.  Remember all those kinds of fish I mentioned last post?  Well I ate  a bunch of them last night.  It was a sampler plate of sorts and for those of us who have the reference from the Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster, with shrimp and the Tilapia, well, it wasn't that.  Prefect cooked and lots of great flavors.  And at least 4-5 things that I have never ever seen before.  Fun.  While the night wasn't to excess, it was a whole lot more than I am used to.  So I did not feel bad when the day didn't start until 10.

I spent more than three hours hanging out on the beach.  I have always protested against beach vacations, but for the first time, I could see taking one.   It was totally relaxing.  I spent three hours looking for pretty rocks.  Tough to think about life's bigger issues/concerns whenyou are doing that.  I am sunburned and sore from bending down, but I loved it.

You know, I talked to a person once about opening a restaurant, and I think I have a new idea.  We ate at the best tapas place I could have imagined tonight. and I loved it.  I bet there were 50 different choices and more if you had dessert.  You chose and then they counted the sticks that held the pieces together to figure out your bill.  How fun would it be to sit in the kitchen and think of new little appetizer like things?  It was brilliant, and the food was delicious.  After dinner, we stopped at a scotch bar, a whiskey bar.  They had more than 225 varieties--before the crisis, the economic mess they are in, they had more than 300 different scotches, some that cost more than 100 Euros. So with a tapas like funky diner, I would have a whole bunch of scotch.  Any one want help choose the scotch and make up all the innovative dinner items?

I will have more, but that's it for now.  Tomorrow I will be back in England and then home.

No comments: