Saturday, October 13, 2012

Last Batch














Here are the last of the trip photos.  In previous blogs I tried hard to lower expectations on what photos I might have discovered, and I think I that I quite lived up to those low expectations, thank you very much.  Again, most are self-explanatory.  The Bridge of Sighs is in Oxford (and Vienna, if you want to be really precise) and is a favorite place in Oxford.  The lion is on Trafalgar Square and has St Martin's in the Field in the back ground.  Plus, you are always supposed to take a lion photo on your trips.  There are a few shots of that big clock thing that everyone keeps talking about  and of  the London Eye. The busker is a bass player that I saw playing at several tube stops across London and as he traveled about on the tube.   The stair photos are of the 123 steps down to the Central Line at the Queensway Station--I often took them down, but only came up them twice.  The other stair photo is of the 55 steps up to my garret hotel room--I took them up and down often as there was no lift.  Good thing I have been working out (hey-4.5 slow miles in 60 minutes last night!) because they got to be hated stairs by the end of my stay.  The museum photos, taken illegally of course, show the museum as a classroom.  Can you imagine?  The high school-age girls looked bored as they took art appreciation in front of a wall of paintings by Van Gogh and had to only turn around to see four (4!) Monet's that most people would recognize.  Of course those were next to the Suret's and the Cezanne's and in the room next to the all the Turners and the  and the and the...  Nice classroom space, in my mind.  I was intrigued by the Weight Watcher's wine.  Not enough to buy it and try it, but it was interesting.

One explanation for fewer photos  (and no doubt of the quality of them ) was provided by a viewer, who noted that that perhaps my photos suffered because I was actually doing things, not stopping to take photos ever 20 seconds.  I went to the theater, museums, and all sorts of things.  I suppose that is true on some levels.  But since they had traveled with me, and had (apparently just) put up with that photo taking, that kind of stung.  Way to tell me what you really think!  I thought that I had done things before while taking more photos, but maybe I had missed some things because I was just looking through the viewfinder.  I will have to think about that.  I suppose it is about balance.

No comments: