Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday, just Monday...





I receive very very few comments about this blog, which is both good and bad.  Good because that limits the negative comments but bad because there isn't a lot of feedback.

Yesterday's post about work was different, as I received five responses, a record number.  One was from someone who I know, the other four were anonymous.  Three were downright nasty, with one raising questions about my orientation or at the minimum, my preferences.  Hmm...so I take pictures of flowers and I don't like mindless physical work so I must be gay?  Interesting, but more sad, just really sad.

I work, but I work in a different world.  I told my blacksmith mentor that I like the class because it is completely different than any other thing I do at work.  I seldom get to use a hammer at work, though I sometimes wish I could.  This makes me at best a so-so blacksmith, but I have fun.  When I noted all this to a good friend, they suggested that when I felt like I was struggling in the more physical/spatial world of blacksmithing, I should ask people how they would schedule 200 classes with 70 people, or how they would lecture on post WWI disillusionment.  To each their own strengths and muscles, I guess.

At the risk of more aspersions, here are even more flowers.  The blossoms are less than the size of a dime, and I expect that they will all be in bloom by the time I get home.


No comments: