Sunday, May 17, 2015

Whatever






I don't have much of anything to say, but wanted to post these.  Sone of the photos are from a trip to Ann Arbor (nice place--Zingerman's provided my meals today).  Some are at most sketches.  The picture of the leaves would be a good example of this.  There are two versions, one in color and one in black and white.  The color one in unedited other than a crop for size.  The black and white is considerably more processed.  I am not a huge fan of either, but I like the idea of the hosta leaves.  I might try them again. 

My favortie is the vertical--if you notice, I take far more horizontal photos.  We tend to see things horizontally and it is easier--turning that camera 90 degrees is hard work.  For whatever reasons, that is my favorite sketch of the day.

Life is settling down, I think.  My poor car needed a chunk of love, care, and money this week, but should be ok for a while.  Summer school is going and work is just the normal craziness, not the extraordinary craziness that has been the norm.  I still have 2/3s of a huge pile of dirt to move at home, but that is what you do with a home.  As I approach my one year anniversary here at Kirtland, I pretty certain that I will be here a bit.  That is good, and I needed to make that transition to living and believing that I will be here.  My happiness and state of mind and even my work was affected by being tempted by the siren of Higheredjobs.com and dreams and thoughts of elsewhere.  Grow and bloom where you are planted and all that, eh? I have plenty to do at work and on myself here in Michigan for a bit, so the focus here is needed.

No comments: