Monday, May 25, 2015

Well, at least it isn't another damn flower...



I am back among the land of the living, I think.  No blowing my nose every 3 minutes?  Check.  No watery itchy bloodshot  eyes?  Check.  No coughing?  Check.  Yep, almost back to super hero status.  Well not quite yet.  Seriously, this was the worst allergy attack that I have had in 35 years.  It was a little annoying.  No doubt the weather and new plants and the bees all made it a perfect storm, but this was not fun.  I hope that I have attained and can maintain the proper allergy drug filled state so that I can avoid all this.  The almost 2 inches of rain that we received has helped, too.

I am still not 100% and I blame that on the Benadryl, but it was a necessity.  That stuff just makes me sleepy, though I know others who say it keeps them awake.    Whatever, it worked.  I no longer look like the Elephant Man, and looking like that was real possibility.  Bee stings suck.  My finely chiseled jaw line and those cheek bones that make me model-like were in real danger.

My lawn is still not mowed but it was too wet.  All this meant was another day perched on the couch dozing.  Tomorrow I have to be awake  and attentive for 11 straight hours in a very busy day, so no napping then.  I plan to get to bed early and I have drank literally almost a gallon of water today trying to flush all this stuff out of me.  Tomorrow will be fine.  Just hope no one wants to see or check out my (chisled) jawline or cheek bones...

The ferns are growing in my primordial back yard, not far from the horsetails and other ancient plants.  They are kind of cool, and I think that they are photogenic, but I haven't quite figured out how to capture them in a single photograph yet.  As always, click to seem them larger or more bigger.


No comments: