Sunday, March 9, 2014

A quick take...





I don't have a great deal of time before I have to start the next leg of this adventure, so just a quick take on what I saw today.  The early morning sun was the pool here at the hotel.  It was in the low 90s today, not that I would be gloating…

The other photos are from the Grand Mosque--I have others that I will share sometime but they will take some work.  It is an amazing building and more amazing as a house of worship.  They say it can hold 40,000 worshipers so it is tough to get the feel of this place in just one or two photos.  It is awe inspiring.  It is so different, for many different reasons, from a St Paul's in London or Notre Dame.  It's bigger for one, but those cathedrals use light so differently than light was used in creating this mosque.  All for the glory…


No comments: