Friday, March 7, 2014

Adventures from the road

I am really trying to get to Bangladesh.  I know that this is an unusual statement but I really am.  I left at 5AM this morning to get to MSP, hoped to get to Chicago and hop a plane for Abu Dhabi, then Dhaka, and finally, to Chittagong.  So far it's been a bit rough, with poor weather this morning and that darn fog in Abu Dhabi.  I hate it when it is foggy there…

Whatever the reason, it will mean that I will have left at 5 AM on Friday and not reach my destination until Monday at about 8 in the morning.  Of course it does include almost 24 hours in Abu Dhabi.  I am not quite sure what one does in Abu Dhabi, but I should be able to find something to do.  On Monday and Tuesday, I was scheduled very tightly for interviews at a very interesting university in Chittagong.  I suppose I can still do the interviews though I am guessing that I might be a little toasted around the edges--I am a rough sell when I have had my Wheat-a-bix AND my 8 hours of sleep a night.  This should be interesting.

Whatever.  Two key points come to mind.  Travel is supposed to be an adventure and you are supposed to expect and relish the little adventures that come along with this.  So I will--at least I know that I have gotten a lot better about that in the last 20 or so years.  Secondly, all this reminds me of what I have said before.  Man plans, and God laughs.  Everyone should get a big chuckle our of this adventure.

In case you are following along...


Thank you for choosing to travel with Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates.
Please note that the details for one or more flights within your booking have been updated. The revisions are included below, with an updated itinerary where appropriate:
 
Booking Code:PQCLAB
 
DateDepartsArrivesFlt #RoutePassengersSeatTerm
Fri, Mar 0711:15 PM10:45 PM (+1 day)EY 150ORD to AUHMr Jason M  Tetzloff T5
Sat, Mar 089:25 PM3:50 AM (+1 day)EY 258AUH to DACMr Jason M  Tetzloff TERMINAL 1
Thu, Mar 135:10 AM8:45 AMEY 253DAC to AUHMr Jason M  Tetzloff  
Thu, Mar 1310:20 AM4:25 PMEY 151AUH to ORDMr Jason M  Tetzloff TERMINAL 3

No comments: