Monday, March 10, 2014

Chittagong




I made it, and while I am not sure if it is morning, noon, or night, I made it safely.  I made it that way mainly because I had lots of help.  When I landed at Dhaka I was met by two officers who whisked me through customs and the visa application and then shepherded me through the rest of the night, even to the point of walking me to the departure bus to make sure I was on the right plane.  Truly, they whisked me through…I thought that only happened in movies.   It just shows great planning on the part of the staff.

I am not so sure that I would ever drive here…I have been in countries where traffic signals are suggestions but this brings controlled chaos to a new level.  But I learned that driving is best left to the professionals.  Interesting.

I better get some sleep.  My interviews start at 4 or so, and I need at least a few hours to crash before then.  For those of you who are keeping track, I am 12 hours ahead of Chicago time, but I am not sure if that is after they stole an hour of your life this past weekend.

More soon--the photos are of my bedroom and then out of one of the 4 balconies.  Nice digs!

PS:  It seems I am very well connected here, so emails are welcome!

No comments: