Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fortune cookies






My dinner tonight was from my new favorite Chinese place, which is it's own statement.  I honestly thought that I would be eating a places that served moose burgers than a place that served Pad Thai. So I am happy.  The fortune cookie tonight was this: "The days you work are the best days."

I laughed because my days are filled with work.  I started my job yesterday and since then I have met about 62 people, learned 59 passwords, found out a million things I have to do, and pretty good number of things that should do, and an even greater number of things that I can't do because we have never done that before.  Ahh, the first days of a new job!

It has been a good few days.  People have been great, I found the afore-mentioned Chinese place.  I found a place that actually is a very good wine shop.  The other places organize their wine by color or fruit flavor--this is the real deal.  

So I think that I will survive.  I will be far happier once I find a place to live but hopefully that will happen soon.  I think that I will have to do, not that is ever a concern for a dean.  It will all be fine.

When I said that people have been nice, this sign was on my desk when I came in, along with some KCC bling.  The signs were also on all the monitors across the campus.  The path is the one that I will walk if I head the the Art/Fine Arts building.  The last is a photo of the front of the building where my office is located.  It is interesting to see where this is contextually.  Take a look at Google Earth to see more context.  10775 N. St. Helen Road Roscommon, MI 48653

No comments: