Saturday, April 19, 2014

Later, day three...





I wandered around a bit but it was dreary--I think that since the elevation of Taos is about 7,000 feet, it doesn't take much for the town to be in the clouds as this one picture shows.

I ate at the Taos Inn and at their restaurant, Doc Martins and I was impressed.  It was a great meal--OK wine and an apple crisp for desert that topped it all off.  I passed on the rattlesnake/rabbit sausage which I think was a good thing--wouldn't that wreck some poor kid's Easter?  The trout schnitzel also escaped my gaze--I settled on the sea bass (that probably wasn't sea bass, but was still good) with the medley of spring vegetables and the rice with chestnuts.  Truly, not a meal that you can get at Appleby's and I didn't even have to unwrap a single thing and I didn't even use my hands!

Those who have followed this blog know I have a thing for birch trees, but I really like sspens--they just don't have those in Wisconsin.  One of the key reasons I want to come back to New Mexico is for the aspens in the fall.  This isn't a great shot but I did remember the location for perhaps a future visit.

No comments: