Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring sunset...



I think that it is officially spring, though it was hard to tell this week.  There were two snow storms, and while St Cloud escaped the major snow that some of the viewing area received, it still looked a lot like winter the past two days.  That is until the sun came out and it warmed up to 45 degrees this afternoon.  The day then eased into a nice sunset.

I accomplished a lot this week.  I "studied for" and apparently passed colonoscopy--thank heavens that has passed.  As exciting as that was, it wasn't even the highlight of the week.  I am pretty much signed, sealed and have determined my delivery date for my new job.  I will be the dean in charge of general education at Kirtland Community College in Roscommon, MI.  Good job and good school, and now all I have to do is get there.  I will travel over there for a week or so at the end of the month, and then I will start officially June 1.  I am pretty excited.

It was not an easy to get to this point--I had to cancel a bunch of campus visits and I turned down one offer.  But I do believe that I made the right decision for the right reasons at this time of my life.  I think that is how decisions are made--they are part principle driven but they also situationally driven.  Now all I have to do is find a place to live and pack and load up and and and and...  I am not looking forward to that.  I am, however, looking forward to about June 3rd or so when I am sitting in the woods somewhere near the College, sipping an adult beverage (after hours, of course) trying to spot a Kirtland Warbler (the bird in my previous post).  Then I will be able to relax.

No comments: