Sunday, April 20, 2014

Probably the last post from New Mexico


I am winding down here in Taos and heading back to the airport for the trip back.  I was up early this morning and had intended to go to an Easter sunrise service at one of the local historic churches or at least to see the church.  I was there but it isn't a picture perfect day--it was 41 and raining hard. I headed on a drive to wait out the weather and to see more of the country.

I was thinking about it, and one of the things that I have been trying to capture out here is just the vastness of the open space.  Even in rural Minnesota we are comparatively packed in together.  Out here is a lot of big empty.  But how do you capture that in one photo?  I don't think I completely did but this shot from about 20 miles west of the city shows a little of the scale.  This magnificent front of clouds was sweeping across the landscape.  Click on it to make it larger.

If nothing else, it was a pretty good place to go to for Easter sunrise service.

No comments: