Saturday, April 26, 2014

Late Saturday





It is late Saturday night, and I am sitting here reflecting about a week of work and discovery.  It has been a very busy week, but a good week.  I think that I am a reasonably bright boy, but it is overwhelming sometimes with all that I don't know.  All I can hope for is that I am also a quick learner so that I can be overwhelmed less often.

I am struggling finding a place to live.  I know that I am picky, but I have to give myself permission to reject a place that doesn't have hot water in the kitchen.  I am not taking hot water from the bath room if I need it in the kitchen.  The same goes for the place with the bathroom with the spongy floor or the place that raised the price because I am a doctor.  I wish it were simpler.  Something will come up, though I think that it will mean that I have to drive about 30 miles each way.  It is all about balance, I guess.  Good place, longer drive.  Not so  of good of a place, closer.  I have a week.  I wonder where I will be.  I am pretty certain that it will be a house, not an apartment building, and guess what?  It will be in the country, not in an urban area.  As if there was an urban area!

I'll be OK.  If nothing else, I bought a small SUV--I could live in my car!  If only I bought a conversion van.  I could live in my car and then shower at the local Curves, the closest thing that resembles a gym.  I am sure that I would fit right in.  Or not.

The photos are of the main intersection (OK, the only intersection) of Roscommon with a threatening sky.  Roscommon is the mailing address of the College, but also a town in Ireland that I think that I know have to visit.  The other is of a canoe rental place on a local river.  I hope to explore the river soon, but since it snowed today, I might wait a few weeks.

No comments: