Thursday, September 13, 2012

An uneventful, but nice day







I suppose that if you HAVE to go to the PNW, this is the kind of weather that you want--it's 75 and sunny, and since there are no bugs that bite here, it is darn near perfect.  I walked and walked, ate salmon and fresh (I hope) raw oysters for my viral-ness and shopped a bit.  Most of the day I hung out in downtown Seattle, and it was nice.  It is funny--10 years ago, I would have bought more--now I just ask if they have a web site.  I am not going to carry all that crap myself--they can ship it right to my door.

I know the market is more than flowers but this place supposedly has one of the best flower markets in the country.  I was there early, and took advantage of that.  I know, more sunflowers.  Tough.  Deal with it--they are awesome this time of the year, and the market was filled with them  They even had princess-like purple flowers!

Lastly, a sunset from the deck.  It is kind of a nice neighborhood  Tomorrow I find the mountains, and will start climbing.  Today I ran/walked along the ocean for a couple of miles.  I am not sure I will come back looking much different, but it really is easier to exercise here.  Hmmm.  Wonder why I didn't try that when I was here before???

No comments: