Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Haiku

I should have never issued the challenge--first I got spanked, correctly so, for using the wrong form in my poems.  Hey, it's been a while since I have written any thing like this, and I erred.  Correctible errors, and I will fix them.

Then, I am clearly shown up my a reader/friend/wordsmith.  Steve Scott shared the following four prizes:


Memories of bliss
Summer heat and azure wave
Autumn comes amiss

Toil of planting past
Promised now the harvest spoil
Settle in to feast

Colors fall from trees
Disambiguated sun
carpets lawn in orange

Time will not relent
Autumn bodes the coming chill
Praise summer well spent

Fantastic!  I can honestly say I have never ever read disambiguated used in a sentence, much less a poem.  Brilliant!  I might add, he said to lightly goad someone into a response, that I have not heard my teacher of haiku respond with her own contribution to the mix...

Here are my and corrections


In garden waiting
No reason but to watch. wait
for summer to fade

Or

Leaves fall, shadowing
flowers and a season's end
Increasingly things change 

I will keep working on these and more, and my inbox is still receiving entries.

No comments: