Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Traveling...

Mark Twain wrote, "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”


I believe that and am a product of this.  Travel has changed me, enriched me, and given me a far different perspective than someone from Moose Drool  would have.   I am not saying better, but different--I think of my worldview from when I was in Eau Claire and then I think of what I have seen and experienced and learned because of traveling.   I realize every day how these opportunities have affected and changed me.  And probably, by reflection or by being dragged along, how these experiences have changed those around me.


So, with that in mind, I am traveling.  This week to the Pacific Northwest for all too short of a trip, and then a week later, to England for 9 days.  I might post a picture or a story or two, but for sure, I will learn and be changed by these opportunities.

PS:  Another milestone--sometime during the last 24 hours, the 16,000th view of this blog occurred.  The viewers were from 17 different countries, and more than a thousand of these views have  occurred since June.

No comments: