Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back to semi-reality







These are the last photos from Bellingham, or probably the last ones.  I will do one more edit, and perhaps one or two might catch my eye and earn a larger audience. The two shots of sailboats were from my run/walk along the waterfront this morning and were taken about 6:30 AM.  The sunsets were taken last night--I was a bad guest, as I kept leaving the dinner table to see the status of the sunset.  It might have been worth it, as these two are a little different.   It was a fun, good trip, but today was a bit long.  It is a little after 3AM, which is a silly time to be awake, but I didn't go home until about 2:30, and it takes a little bit of time to unwind.

It is back to semi-reality.  While I might have hoped or pretended to escape, it kind of hits you when you drive into town that most of it is all still there/here.  It is no less complicated, no less hard, and sometimes just as disappointing.  What I guess all you can hope for is that perhaps you can be better prepared to handle all the people and all the challenges that still await.  Right now, I think that my vacation "after glow" will last at least seven or eight hours!  At least.  Nah, it will last longer than that, and as it does, the good things will seem even gooder, and the hard things less hard.  Now that is why you go on vacations!

No comments: