Saturday, September 22, 2012

First day of fall












It is the first day of fall, and today was a good day for it.  It was cool, windy, and mostly sunny, and well-worth driving around a bit for a photo or two.  A person I know and I both mentioned and highlighted this red tree as exceptional, so I had to take its photo.  The others are mostly self-explanatory, I think.  Frost, a heavy frost is expected tonight, and I wanted to get a few more photos of outdoor flowers.  Though getting ragged, they still were bee worthy, and while I did not have the best lens for this, I think that the bee photos are kind of cool.  As for the license plate, well, what can I say.  Three states and four years later, I am finally have the correct plate.  Once I pried off the Ohio plates that hadn't moved in more than five years, it wasn't that hard.  See, I am not a total commitment-phobe!  The dog? Well, the dog was just cute.

It was a hard weekend for some reason.  Unsettled at the least, and probably more going on.  It wasn't unproductive, as I worked for 4 hours and then came home and unpacked 13 boxes and lots of other stuff.  It is nice making this place more a home, but it is also very hard.  It is a lot of  work, and I guess I  really resent doing it all this alone.  But that is what we do, right?  It isn't like there are any options, so being unhappy about it doesn't help one bit.

I shouldn't be unhappy.  This past week I was in Washington, and had a great time with friends, the local scenery, and well, with myself.  In five days, I head to England and another adventure and that will be fun.   I have no plans for being there.  I will walk at least some of the Oxford to London  path, probably drink a few pints, and have at least one other adventure.  I am looking forward to it.  It has been several years since I traveled alone, and it seems different.  I used to do this all the time, but this time seems more challenging.  I think that in the past, I was more sure of my audience or if I even had an audience. For the first time in a long time that is uncertain.  I don't go or blog just for my mythical  audience, believe me.  I am more intrinsically motivated for most of this.  But that doesn't mean that it all doesn't mean more to me when it means something to other people.  I guess I can't control that at all--it will or it won't, and I will still blog and share in the hope that it does strike a chord with some folks.

Happy fall!

No comments: